September 2nd, 2016
Shoot N’ Skedaddle
is a rule set for war gaming small skirmishes in the American Old West developed by Turnstyle Games.
Shoot N’ Skedaddle was developed with 28mm-32mm miniatures, but can be adjusted for any scale. A normal game is approximately 6-8 characters per side – with a heavy emphasis on random character/group generation.
The rules for Shoot N’ Skedaddle are available free in an 85-page PDF. The key component to Shoot N’ Skedaddle (and the main reason the rules are free!) is a set of four decks of cards; Characters, Outlaws, Lawmen, Weapons. There are roughly 180 cards for use with the game.
Shoot N’ Skedaddle is a gaming rule set. As such players are responsible for their own materials, these include:
– A 3’x3′ or larger playing area.
– Miniatures and terrain as desired (played any scale)
– A CD or DVD or something to act as a blast template
– The SNS decks (Characters, Lawmen, Outlaws, Weapons)
– The rulebook (downloadable PDF)
– A tape measure or two
– Some markers for “moving fast”, “wounded”, etc.
– A handful of each of the following: D6, D8, D12, and D20 dice*.
– Two decks of matching playing cards