Tag Archives: alderac entertainment group
Sept 3, 2018
Master the Ancient Arts of War with War Chest, available now from AEG.
To succeed you must successfully manage not only your armies on the battlefield, but those that are waiting to be deployed. Each round you will draw 3 Unit Coins from your bag and then take turns using them to perform actions. Each coin shows a military unit on one side and can be used for one of several actions. The game ends when one player, or one team in the case of a four-player game, has placed all of their control markers. That player or team is the winner!
- War Chest is an easy-to-learn, tricky-to-master, elegant battlefield strategy game. Game play is simple and available to even non-gamers, whilst at the same time presenting depth of play and replayability.
- The game is presented in a box that appears to be old and well loved. It is an ancient game, newly rediscovered and presented as it would have once been gifted to the sons and daughters of kings, as a way for them to learn battlefield strategy.
Feb 20, 2018
AEG has announced the April release of Mystic Vale Conclave with an MSRP of $49.99.
The ultimate Mystic Vale Storage System that expands the game to 6 players and adds even more expansion content.
As the struggle to restore the Valley of Life intensifies, the ranks of those combating the curse continues to swell. Druidic clans from across the land heed the call, including the Frostcaster and Nightvale clan.
Mystic Vale: Conclave provides the ideal storage solution designed to hold all of the previous releases, with room to spare for future expansions! The new Equinox mechanic allows players to greatly speed up gameplay and can even scale up to 6–player games with the two additional starter decks provided. The new conclaves grant players the option to customize the starting decks of advancements and vales, creating a new play experience each game. Unique totem cards imbue players with awesome abilities they can use each turn, to truly feel the power of Gaia’s blessing. Spirit counters provide a way for players to track their spirit symbols during their turn.
- Incredible collector box for Mystic Vale, like the Smash Up: Big Geeky Box.
- Includes dividers for easy sorting.
- Includes all-new cards and mechanics!
- Additional starting cards for up to 6 players.
- The base game is required to play.
Feb 19, 2018
AEG has announced a “That 70’s” Expansion for their hit card game, Smash Up will be available in March!
Can you dig it? We’ve put Smash Up into the not-so-wayback machine and set the controls for “GROOVY!”
That 70s Expansion celebrates all the greatest pop-culture memories from the Age of Aquarius! Put on your mood rings, bust out your leisure suits, spin that disco ball and put the pedal to the metal good buddy! The streets are mean, there’s a bear in the air, but the music is fantastic and everyone is Kung Fu Fighting!
Jan 18, 2018
On February 20th at noon (EST) Alderac Entertainment Group will launch the Kickstarter for the most ambitious tabletop game it has ever published, Edge of Darkness.
Edge of Darkness is a medium-weight game for 2 to 4 players featuring card crafting, worker placement, shared deckbuilding, and a cube tower Threat system. The game is modular to provide extensive replayability.
In Edge of Darkness players take the roles of leaders of powerful Guilds inside the city of Aegis beset by powerful evil forces determined to destroy it, known collectively as the Blight. Aegis exists in the same world as Mystic Vale, although in a different region of the world. The players must compete for resources and attempt to exert control over the various critical areas of the city in order to build support within Aegis while defending against the attacks of the Blight. The game is played in rounds, and ends after a set number of rounds have passed. The winner is the player that has amassed the most Victory Points.
Highlights of the game include:
1. Card Crafting: Similar to the original card-crafting game, Mystic Vale, all cards are constructed of crafting slips which have game content on 1/3rd of the slip and are transparent on the other 2/3rds. During the game players will construct cards, combining (sleeving) different effects onto one card (ideally in ways that make strategic sense). However, unlike Mystic Vale, the transparent cards are double-sided, and when you upgrade the “good” side of the cards (front), you also add strength to the “bad” side of the cards (back).
2. Group deckbuilding using one shared deck: Rather than having your own deck, there is a central deck that all players draw from and discard to. Different players will have the allegiance of different cards in that deck. Using other players’ cards means you have to pay them. During the game you can claim allegiance of more cards in the deck by sleeving a slip into the card with your color and seal.
3. Card-driven worker placement: While your actions are card-driven, most costs in the game are in the form of opportunity cost. Advancements don’t have a cost, instead they require the use of workers to a greater or lesser degree depending on the power of the card. e.g. many effects require placing or pulling workers from different city locations as dictated by the card effects. Since you have a limited number of workers to use, you will constantly be choosing to forgo one useful thing in order to do another.
4. Threat Tower: There is a Threat Tower which dictates when and who Threats will attack. Cards leave the shared deck and enter the Threat Board, where they accumulate Threat Cubes on each player’s turn. These cubes are color-coded, and when a threshold number of cubes of a given color accumulate on a card, it attacks the City. If the color matches one of the players, it attacks that player. If the color is black, it attacks all players!
5. Modular set up: Edge of Darkness will come with 20+ Locations. Each game you use only 10 of these Locations, which can be specifically selected or chosen randomly, making for a lot of variety from game-to-game in the types of challenges you will face and the strategies you will need to employ. These Locations are comprised of a Location Board and Crafting Slips. Location Boards may specify special rules for worker placement, or extend the basic rules with all new systems. For example, a combination of Location Boards can be used to assemble a party of heroes to take the fight to the Threat Tower and engage in a Monster Hunt!
Jan 1, 2018
In The Masters’ Trials, Up to 4 players cooperate to defeat Magmaroth!
The legend says that in a time of grave danger, masters of the elemental orders will leave their ancestral retreats and join forces to restore peace of the world. From the once-dormant Tekirin volcano the vengeful Magmaroth has emerged. Born of earth and fire, its goal is to mold the world to its image: primal and ruthless. The time is now for the masters to face their destiny.
In The Master’s Trials: Wrath of Magmaroth, players each represent one of the masters from the orders that have banded together to face the evil elemental.
Build your own character, roll and move dice to use the powerful techniques you have mastered and work in concert with the other players so you can defeat Magmaroth before time expires!
Dec 30, 2017
Sakura Arms is a two-player fighting card game on it’s way from AEG, where players control the powers of the “megami.” These megami are channeled through the delicate petals of the Sakura tree. Choose two megami each game to create combinations of powers. Defeat your opponent and prove you are the most powerful fighter!
Sakura Arms is an elegant game from Japan, designed by Bakafire. The game has already become hugely popular in Japan with tournaments and an online game in the works. Featuring stunning art and design, the game is both easy to learn and incredibly challenging. Place the petals on your hands and face your destiny!
Playing Time: 30 minutes
Oct 11, 2017
Preorder the new Mystic Vale Expansion, Mana Storm coming from AEG this month!
The campaign to restore Gaia’s realm rages on and other druidic clans combating the curse have joined the ranks. And it’s not just druids who have heeded the call; other creatures have joined the fight, eager for a day when all are free from the accursed blight