Tag Archives: app
January 18th, 2015
Pandemic : The Board Game app got a new UPDATE! But it’s a nasty one… That’s right. The Virulent Strain that first appeared in the Pandemic : On the Brink expansion has now spread to your favorite digital game!
?Available through the in-app store, this Virulent Strain challenge makes one disease become particularly deadly in unpredictable ways.
There’s no telling if humanity can survive this new threat. That’s entirely up to you. Gather your strength, and prepare yourself for the biggest challenge of your life.
Pandemic : The Board Game app is available to purchase on Google Play and the App Store for Android and IOS
December 20th, 2015
Digital versions of Ticket to Ride have undergone a major upgrade. Most importantly, all now support cross-platform multiplayer mode, so even us Android players can pick up live games with you iPad people. Also supported now are vertically-oriented maps. The first, India, provides bonus points for looped routes. Digital Ticket to Ride is available on Android, iOS, and Steam.
Dominion, the original deck-building card game, has finally hit mobile. Both iOS and Android versions are free-to-play with the base set of cards. Expansion card sets are available as in-app purchases ($90 for everything). Beware though, even single-player mode requires a live internet connection.
Cogwind’s Revenge is an iPad app version of True Dungeon, complete with puzzles, combat, and even token-collecting.
Linkee, the trivia-ish party game of identifying commonalities, now has an Apple TV version. Instead of hitting a buzzer, the first to figure out a link is supposed to grab the remote and shake it over their head.
Defiant Development is in the process of releasing four separate new scenarios (three are out so far, one more will be before the end of the year) for the Steam version of its deck-building, action RPG, Hand of Fate.
Dragon+, Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons mobile-app-magazine, is now also available via the web, so it can be read via desktop browser.
A Macau Challenge Pack has been added to digital Splendor. The twist with this one is that it requires players to capture specific cards.
June 26th, 2014
Coming out on this week for iOS devices is Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein.
Shenandoah Studio, the ones who also developed Battle of the Bulge, has teamed up with Mark Herman to bring Desert Fox to Apple’s devices. The game will be a universal app, so there will be no need to purchase separate copies for the iPhone and iPad.
Desert Fox takes place in North Africa during World War II. Players can take control of either Commonwealth or Axis forces. Key features of the game include:
• Command tanks, recon units, flak guns, and more in strategic desert warfare
• Call the shots and decide when to attack or defend in campaign mode.
• Learn the ropes through a quick guided tutorial and three learning scenarios.
• Face off against distinct AI opponents, local friends, or players online.
• Battle through two stand-alone scenarios in addition to the grand campaign.
• Relive victories with replays, leaderboards, and achievements.
• Improve your strategy with full rules, charts, and tables.
• Discover history with extensive historical photos and commentary.
• Designed by Mark Herman, award-winning creator of Washington’s War.
Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein will be released June 26th on iTunes for $9.99.
March 18th, 2014
Have you ever had issues organizing a board game night with group of friends? Organizing where and when the event will take place, who is bringing the games, should we order pizza? To make it easier to organize group activities, check out Happenate.
How it works:
Pick a group activity you’d like to see happen
Invite your friends through email or Facebook
Happenate organizes everyone’s preferences and makes sure everything is covered
Once everything is organized you will get a recap email telling you when and where the event is
No more dealing with a chain of emails, Happenate is the social tool for making sh!+ happen, oh and it’s free! Added bonus: You could win some board games just for organizing a board game night with Happenate. The contest closes at midnight on International Tabletop Day (April 5th).
March 11th, 2014
A new website recently appeared and it’s interesting indeed (for tabletop gamers at least). I know we all get tired of playing the same old games over and over and constantly asking each other what we should play next; but with so many tabletop games out there it can be darn near impossible to choose what to pick up next.
Enter ; boardgamesfor.me to help answer that question for you!
Using data provided by APIs from Board Game Geek and Amazon, this new web app provides an extensive database of board games for you to choose from.
By asking you some simple questions about your preferences such as the style of board game, length of play time, number of players etc, boardgamesfor.me comes up with a selection of suggestions.
A brief overview is provided for each board game, as well as a link to where it can be found on Amazon. It’s a simple little tool, apparently still in the early stages of web design.
September 26th, 2013
Players have long been clamoring for a digital version of the multi-award winning board game, Pandemic. Well, the wait is almost over! F2Z Digital Media and Z-Man Games are proud to announce that Pandemic: The Board Game will be available on iPad on October 3rd.
Since its release five years ago, Pandemic quickly spread worldwide with the support of specialty game stores and a rabid fan base. In fact, the game has been translated into 14 languages.
In 2012, it was featured on the very popular web series, TableTop with Wil Wheaton. Combined with a newly redesigned edition of the game, Pandemic has gone viral and is now available through many mass-market retailers such as Amazon.com, Barnes & Nobles, Hastings, Target, and Toys “R” Us. This has increased the fan base for Pandemic significantly as more people have been exposed to this game.
Without a doubt, Pandemic has become the go-to cooperative game in the new board game revolution. Now, Pandemic: The Board Game will be the go-to cooperative game in the new digital revolution.
Here are a few of the functions you will find in the Pandemic: The Board Game app:
– 7 unique roles with different abilities to chose from, allowing for great replayability.
– The game can be played solo or as a pass-and-play for 2-4 players.
– Different difficulty levels for beginners, intermediate players, and experts.
– Animated interface gives clear indication of the game’s progress and hotspots.
– A interactive tutorial that allows players to learn how to play in a simple and easy way.
– Complete rules for the game are also included.
If you want to try to overcome four deadly viruses and save the world on your tablet, you will soon be able to do so with the Pandemic: The Board Game app, available October 3rd. Will you be able to save the world in time?
Available on the App Store? October 3rd!
CAN YOU SAVE HUMANITY?
September 20th, 2013
Days of Wonder released a completely rewritten version of their Small World iOS board game.
Small World 2 is bigger and better than its predecessor in every way. A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
- New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
- Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
- Playing with friends online is easy with extensive Game Center, Facebook, and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
- Solo Play against up to 4 built-in AI
- Pass’n Play with up to 5 live players on a single iPad
- 20 additional Races & Special Powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and the new to digital version of Be Not Afraid…
- Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly, and perpetual rankings
- A Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
For existing Small World iPad players who’ve been clamoring for these new features, we’ve got great news – Small World 2 is available to you as a free upgrade – the largest one ever available for any board game! Once updated, you’ll be able to add the brand new to digital Be Not Afraid… expansion via in-app purchase. With 5 additional Races and 5 new Special Power badges it’s time to welcome the Barbarians, Homunculi, Leprechauns, Pixies and Pygmies to the Small World party!
If your iPad has yet to be invaded by this zany cast of fantasy characters bent on mischief and mayhem, now is the time to add Small World 2 to your iPad. Your tablet will never be the same!