Tag Archives: games workshop
Mar 30, 2018
For sixty million years the Necrons have slumbered, their tomb worlds filled with dormant armies and inactive war machines. Now they are awakening as if from half-remembered nightmares, and the galaxy shudders at their return. From vast crypt-fortresses, burnished legions emerge into the dying light of the 41st Millennium, a steel sea rippling beneath the crackling energy discharge of esoteric battle engines. Swarming metal Scarabs, talon-limbed horrors and spectral assassins accompany them, their alien minds focused on a single purpose – to reclaim the stars.
Codex: Necrons contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Necrons collectors. Within this 120-page hardback, you’ll find:
– In the Beginning: the origin of the Necrons, from the Necrontyr race of flesh and blood that existed billions of years ago, their bitter civil war, the pact with the C’tan which doomed them to immortality and the order which set them to their Great Sleep;
– The Great Awakening: the manner in which the tomb worlds are awakening into the 41st Millennium – some early, some late, others not at all – and the Necrons’ first, violent actions upon rousing;
– The Necron Dynasties: descriptions of the complex, rigid hierarchies of the Necrons, with details and icons of the following 8 dynasties: Sautekh, Charnovokh, Nephrekh, Thokt, Mephrit, Novoth, Ogdobekh, and Nihilakh;
– A galactic map featuring both active and (currently) dormant tomb worlds, crown worlds and dynastic territories;
– Domains of the Phaerons: organisation of the tomb worlds, and the manner in which the Necrons wage war;
– Dynastic Markings: illustrated examples of how Necrons use markings on their soldiers, including hieroglyphs used on war machines. Includes colour schemes and background for the following 9 dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Nephrekh, Nihilakh, Novokh, Thokt, Charnovokh, Nekthyst, and Ogbobekh;
– A New Epoch Begins: a timeline of significant events and battles in Necron history during the 41st Millennium;
– Background on each unit available to a Necrons army;
– A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Necrons army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
– 36 datasheets providing rules for using every Necrons unit in your games of Warhammer 40,000;
– Army abilities that reflect Necrons’ methods of war on the tabletop.
– Armoury of the Ancients: profiles for all weapons and wargear of the Necrons, ranged and close-combat
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– Code of War: Rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
– 5 Dynastic Codes: special rules for each of the following dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Novokh, Nihilakh, and Nephrekh;
– 27 unique Stratagems, including 5 specific to the following dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Novokh, Nihilakh, and Nephrekh;
– Powers of the C’tan: a choice of 6 powers that can be used for each C’tan Shard unit in your army, generated before battle;
– Artefacts of the Aeons: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to Necrons;
– 6 unique Warlord Traits for the Necrons, with 5 additional Warlord Traits, one specific to each of the following dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Novokh, Nihilakh, and Nephrekh;
– 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Necrons.
Nov 27, 2017
Games Workshop is bringing back Necromunda, its skirmish game of futuristic gang warfare.
Deep below the nightmarish, polluted hive cities of Necromunda, in the twisted, dark tunnels of the Underhives, rival gangs fight to the bitter end for personal power, survival and the honour of their Houses.
Necromunda: Underhive features a game board as backdrop and tactic cards that add a bit of chaos to the game while representing the schemes and tricks of the various gangs.
Designed for 2 players, this is a game of tactics, skill and absolute ruthlessness, set on the iconic hive world of Necromunda. Players choose 1 of the 2 included gangs in the box, and fight brutal skirmishes on the game board using everything at their disposal – ducking behind barricades to survive withering hails of gunfire before popping up and shooting back, placing and overriding traps, using the decrepit, crumbling corridors of the Underhives to unleash precise strikes before scurrying back into the dark. Survival in the Underhives is a difficult and desperate business, where violence is often the only option.
Oct 19, 2017
WizKids has revealed a multi-year partnership with acclaimed fantasy miniatures company, Games Workshop.
The new partnership will extend the Warhammer 40,000 universe IP across multiple categories, including, Dice Building Games™, board games and more!
“We’re thrilled to be working with Games Workshop and the Warhammer 40,000 license,” said Justin Ziran, president of WizKids. “This beloved franchise is known the world over and our partnership will allow us to create amazing products and experiences for fans everywhere.”
The multi-year deal will span numerous categories and include the most iconic Warhammer 40,000 characters and more. WizKids will create two new board games, along with dice games based in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, with additional plans to republish classic board games Fury of Dracula and Relic.
WizKids will begin rolling out the new product lines in mid 2018.
Oct 9, 2017
ForgeWorld have released some new Death Korps of Krieg Infantry Units, Cavalry, and several new Artillery Units for PreOrder for use with your awesome Imperial Guard Army in Warhammer 40k!
The true strength of the Death Korps lies in its grim foot soldiers, the ranks of disciplined and relentless infantry that make up the korps of the siege regiments. Their cold hearted courage and sinister aspect have made them among the most famous and feared of all the regiments of the Astra Militarum.
This multi-part resin kit contains the components necessary to assemble a 10-man Infantry Squad of the Death Korps of Krieg. As the title implies, they’re modelled at ease, with these miniatures eschewing the usual hyper-aggressive tone of the Death Korps for something a little more relaxed (not a state likely to last for long…). Clad in the expected sinister masks and helmets, 8 of them boast a lasgun – some hefting theirs, others leaning on them casually. Numerous details are included – the models feature tarp rolls on their backpacks, entrenching tools hanging from their belts and canisters. 1 model features a flamer slung across his back, and 1 is a Sergeant, distinguishable by his sword and shoulder pad chevrons.
This kit comes as 55 components, and is supplied with 10 25mm round bases. Rules can be found in Imperial Armour – Index: Astra Militarum.
Oct 6, 2017
A new Astra Militarum Codex for the Guard is available to pre-order, along with various bundles for them.
The Astra Militarum is the implacable military arm of the Imperium, and one of the largest forces in the galaxy. On thousands of battlefields scattered throughout the galaxy, the soldiers of the Astra Militarum march to war. They are the Hammer of the Emperor, who with faith, fury and sheer weight of numbers crush heretics and xenos alike beneath their boots. Massed ranks of Guardsmen unleash concentrated salvoes of las-blasts while officers bellow orders over the thunderous roar of tank and artillery fire.
Everything you need to get an Astra Militarum army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
– 56 datasheets containing rules for every Astra Militarum unit and vehicle;
– Army abilities reflecting the Astra Militarum’s methods of war, including Astra Militarum Orders and Regimental Orders;
– Armoury of the Imperium: wargear both ranged and close-combat used by the Astra Militarum;
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– Bulwark of Humanity: rules for Battle-forged armies:
– Regimental Doctrines for Cadian, Catachan, Valhallan, Vostroyan, Armageddon, Tallarn, Mordian, Militarum Tempestus Regiments;
– 6 unique Warlord Traits,
– 25 Stratagems, with 8 specific to the Regiments named above;
– the Heirlooms of Conquest: a selection of rare wargear;
– The Psykana psychic discipline, available to any Astra Militarum model with the Psyker keyword,
– 6 Warlord Traits for use by any Warlord, with a further specific to the above-named Regiments;
– 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Sept 11, 2017
Forge World has released the Legion Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer for your WH40K and Horus Heresey table!
Retrofitted to allow the Sicaran hull to carry heavier firepower, the Omega is a formidable tank hunter. It utilises the speed provided by the Sicaran’s engines to apply overwhelming short range firepower in battle, racing forwards to ambush and obliterate the lumbering siege tanks of enemy columns.
Its simplified, some might say crude, systems are all capable of being produced by the lesser forges attached to many Space Marine strongholds, allowing them to replace losses of more complex vehicles even as the various Forge Worlds became isolated by war and mistrust at the height of the Horus Heresy.
This is a complete multi-part resin kit, in which you’ll find all the components you need to assemble a Legion Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer. Sharing a hull with the sturdy Legion Sicaran Battle Tank, the standout feature to this model is the 2 enormous plasma cannon that dominate the turret head. These cannon are fed power by massive arrays of tightly-bound cables and both feature their own ammo feed, as well as 6 plasma flasks. Other features that distinguish this model from the Battle Tank on which it is based are the complex sensor array and window visor; the rest of the kit includes 2 lascannon, 3 heavy bolters and all the gun mounts, tracked wheels and large, brutal-looking exhausts you would expect.
This kit comes as 52 components. Rules for fielding the Legion Sicaran Omega Tank Destroyer in games of Warhammer 40,00 and The Horus Heresy are available as a PDF download.
Sept 8, 2017
Celebrate 30 years (no, really, it has been that long) of Warhammer 40,000 with this Space Marine model – a special collector’s edition of the Primaris Intercessor Veteran Sergeant, which you can add to your Intercessor Squads in games!
The Veteran Sergeant is a multi-part plastic model, featuring the same impressive levels of detail as the rest of the Primaris Space Marines – he comes armed with a bolt rifle, a holstered bolt pistol and a sword (which is supplied sheathed), and his Mk X power armour features a crux terminatus and marksman’s honour on the right shoulder. The left shoulder is blank, meaning this model can be painted to represent any Chapter you prefer. The kit features 2 variant heads, one helmeted and the other bare.
The Veteran Sergeant comes as 13 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round base and a Primaris Character transfer sheet.
The Changer of Ways, the Master of Fortune, the Great Conspirator and the Architect of Fate – these are just some of the names of Tzeentch. A brother god to Nurgle, Khorne and Slaanesh, and often an ally of the Horned Rat, he is the undisputed master of the arcane arts. His followers, daemon and mortal alike, swarm over the mortal realms in scintillating glory, searing the land with coruscating flames of change.
This pack of 25 large-format cards contains the each of the unit Warscrolls from Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch, printed on individual cards for handy reference in your battles, along with a selection of double-sided card gaming tokens – use these to indicate terrain effects, spell effects, command traits, and abilities for certain units and characters in games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
Please note, you’ll need a copy of Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch to use the contents of this set.
August 26, 2017
ForgeWorld have new 28mm Legio Custodes Aquilon Terminator Squads and Sisters of Sielence Prosecutors available for pre-order!
Within the ranks of the Legio Custodes, Aquilon Terminator Sodalities were employed rarely but as need dictated, particularly on those rare occasions where the Legio Custodes were required to operate under conditions designated as ‘Zone Mortalis’ or required to storm a breach. In such operations, the Legio was loathe to risk unwarranted loss of life, and the superior defences of the Aquilon Terminator armour was relied upon to mitigate the risk as much as possible as well as provide a platform of mobile heavy firepower.
The core of the Silent Sisterhood are its Prosecutors, mercilessly effective both in attack and defence. With this bundle you’ll be able to upgrade a 5-model Prosecutor Squad to represent a Prosecutor Cadre.