Tag Archives: modiphious entertainment
July 16, 2018
The Command Division supplement for Star Trek Adventures provides Game masters and Players with a wealth of new material for use for characters in the command division. The Command Division supplement PDF includes:
• Detailed description of the command division, including its role in Starfleet, the various branches within the command division, the role of Fleet Operations, life as a command division cadet, and details on starship operations.
• Expanded 2d20 Social Conflict rules, enhancing social encounters and galactic diplomacy.
• An expanded list of Talents and Focuses for command and conn characters.
• Over a dozen additional starships and support craft to command and pilot, including the NX, Nebula, Sovereign, and Steamrunner classes, as well as many shuttle types and the indomitable Work Bee!
• Advice on creating command division focused plot components for your missions to test the mettle of your captain and flight controller.
• New rules on running Admiralty-level campaigns that let you command entire fleets, as well as information on commanding starbases.
• Detailed descriptions and game statistics for a range of Command and Conn focused NPCs and Supporting Characters.
April 25, 2018
Modiphious Entertainment has released the Book of Skelos for the Conan RPG.
The Book of Skelos delves into the deepest mysteries of sorcery in the Hyborian Age, dramatically expanding the rules for sorcery and all things magical for gamemaster and player characters alike.
Included within these pages are rules and guidelines on handling player character and non-player character sorcerers, the usages of sorcery in campaigns, a host of magic items, creatures of the Outer Dark, and new skills and techniques to bolster any sorcerer’s repertoire.
So, don your wards and charms, step inside your circle of protection, and read these accursed pages!
New sorcerous archetypes — the industrious Alchemist, cunning Charlatan, enlightened Sage, devoted Sorcerer, and the primitive Witch Doctor — for player characters to become, with new sorcerous backgrounds, educations, and natures.
New skills and techniques such as necromancy, mesmerism, mummery, herbalism, human sacrifi ce, and astrology, to equip your sorcerer player characters and foes alike with a wide range of techniques and tactics.
New spells and alchemical enchantments, from Artifice of Yag to Visions of Exalted Wisdom.
Artifacts such as the Heart of Ahriman and the Serpent Ring of Set, including a host of strange devices, ancient technologies, and weird scientific oddities from a forgotten era.
New types of exalted sorcery, like rituals and great workings such as Rend the Earth’s Bones and Opening the Gateway Between, to bring terror to the world!
Rules for creating life, spawning new horrors, and modifying existing monsters with all-new sorcerous qualities.
Expansive rules for creating and fostering sorcerous cabals, pitting them against one another, and using them to pursue goals both diabolical and deadly.
A history of sorcery spanning from the dawn of time through the Cataclysm, into the Hyborian Age. Thrill to tales of prehuman civilizations and their greatest secrets!
Developed with leading Conan scholars, this is the darkest sorcery of the Hyborian Age revealed at last, as Howard created it!
January 31st, 2017
Fire your planing engines beyond the Rim, above the galactic plane to the outer worlds, free from Commonality assimilation. There’s a bounty out here on Event Horizon Probes, and the only synthetics are those who serve us.
My family is from the revered Wayfarers’ Guild, with Voyager eugenics strong in our lineage. I do not hold to the Utopian rapture, for I have flown a Stargull across the Dragonfly Ruins on Balar, and believe that all our fates are to be found there.
Join us! Think free! Live true! We are the Far Havens. We stand together; we go beyond.
THE FAR HAVENS is a campaign pack supplement for your Mindjammer game, providing rich setting detail for an exotic polity far beyond the Commonality frontier, above the galactic plane, which fiercely resists the inexorable advance of the event horizon probes. Join the Licensed Free Agents and the New Traders: explore this perilous frontier, and fight the machinations of the Commodus sentience and the rise of ancient powers…
THE FAR HAVENS includes:
* A whole new Outer Worlds polity, beyond the Commonality Frontier;
* Dozens of new worlds to explore, complete with starmaps, planetary maps and statistics;
* Organisations, technology, ships, new genotypes and life forms;
* Mysteries, intrigue, and adversaries for your Mindjammer campaign!
THE FAR HAVENS is a complete campaign pack for Mindjammer-The Roleplaying Game. The Mindjammer-The Roleplaying Game core book is required for play.
January 27th, 2017
Modiphius Entertainment is pleased to announce the release of Dominion Quickstart for the Mindjammer Traveller setting, a chance to sample a transhuman science fiction universe for the TRAVELLER™ roleplaying game.
– Quickstart rules to enable you to play a Mindjammer (Traveller edition) game using this book and the TRAVELLER CORE RULEBOOK!
– Four pregenerated characters to get started right away;
– Descriptions, maps, and plans of a strange alien world with an exotic lost colony civilisation;
– A complete action-packed adventure showcasing the Mindjammer setting and rules, playable in one or more sessions.
– Experience the Mindjammer universe up close and personal as you join in the battle for… Dominion!
January 18th, 2017
Explore a Brand New World of Transhuman Sci-Fi Roleplaying For Your TRAVELLER Role Playing Game!
The Ennie Award-winning transhuman science-fiction RPG setting returns, in a brand new edition from Modiphious Entertainment, intended for use with the TRAVELLER roleplaying game!
This brand new 384-page hardback book includes:
- full rules for starships, organisations, and culture operations;
- detailed character cultures, genotypes, and new careers—play a sentient starship!
- new and innovative systems for describing planets, star systems, and alien life;
- deep setting material on the New Commonality of Humankind;
- rules for the Mindscape and virtual worlds;
- starmaps and planet descriptions, histories and background.
THE UNIVERSE AWAITS!
Never has there been a greater time of opportunity. The universe is in flux, and for the first time in ten thousand years no one knows what the future will bring. Charge your blaster, thoughtcast your orders to the starship sentience, and fire up the planing engines. Come and defend the light of humanity’s greatest civilisation as it spreads to the stars!
July 24th, 2016
Modiphius Entertainment is excited to announce the development of Star Trek Adventures, the first new official Star Trek role playing game to be produced in more than a decade.
The news comes as Star Trek fans worldwide celebrate Star Trek’s 50th anniversary in 2016.
Fans of the legendary Star Trek television series’ and films will not only boldly go to the final frontier, but they will shape the voyages and missions through the Star Trek Adventures living campaign playtest. Each player will experience the game differently based on the ship they are assigned to.
Star Trek Adventures will use the Modiphius 2d20 game system (Mutant Chronicles, Infinity, Conan, John Carter of Mars) designed by Jay Little (Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, X-Wing Miniatures Game). Modiphius is also sculpting an accompanying Star Trek miniature figure line, the first to be produced in 17 years. Resin and metal 32mm-scale hobby figures will feature classic Star Trek characters and crews, boarding parties and away teams. Geomorphic tile maps of burning Federation ships, mysterious colonies and embattled Klingon cruisers will set the scene for dramatic new voyages in the Final Frontier.
Under license by CBS Consumer Products, Star Trek Adventures is slated for a Summer 2017 release and the playtest crews will be listed in the Star Trek Adventures book manifest
July 4th, 2016
Modiphious has released a new book for Mutant Chronicles RPG titled Luna & Freelancers.
At the heart of human civilisation since the Exodus, Luna City is the first human settlement beyond Earth, and the greatest city ever built by mankind. The city is a teeming metropolis, home to vast numbers of people, both employees of the megacorporations and those who exist between those grand organisations. It is a melting pot of cultures, and a place where history and the modern age collide, and no citizen of Luna would wish to live anywhere else. It is also home to the Brotherhood and the Cartel, and the heart of the solar system’s political and economic landscape… yet it is also a hotbed of crime, corruption, and dark secrets.
- History: Delve into the history of Luna in the days before, and during, the Fall and the First Dark Symmetry War
- The People: Numerous NPCs and plot hooks to help expand your Mutant Chronicles campaign
- The Law: Expanded character creation options to support Luna’s beleaguered police department
- Beyond and Below: Venture into the blasted wasteland beyond the city’s walls, and into the caverns, tunnels, and undercity below.
- The City: Explore the largest and grandest city in human history, discovering details and secrets never before revealed.
May 31st, 2016
The Mutant Chronicles Dark Legion Campaign from Modiphious Entertainment is a continuation of the epic plot that began to unfold within the Dark Symmetry Campaign, although it can easily be adapted as a stand alone adventure in this terrifying solar-system spanning campaign which is recommended for experienced players.
For 1200 years the Apostles have plotted their return. They have festered at the far reaches of our solar system, drawn in new recruits to their cause, and waited for the right signs to herald their re-emergence.
Events once again transpire on Nero that begin a race against time in search of the remnants of war, an interplanetary dash to recover ancient technology that can prevent the forces of the Dark Legion gaining a superior edge during their second coming.
- Massive Campaign: From Nero to Mars, the players will sample all that the mega corporations have to offer during an epic campaign that spans almost the entirety of the solar system.
- Menacing Hazards: New denizens and creatures lurk within, whilst comprehensive rules cover everything from traversing Mercury’s inhospitable surface and scouring the sands of Mars, to battling beneath the oceans of Venus.
- Secrets Revealed: Unearth forbidden lore of the enigmatic Ancients during the rush from planet to planet, knowledge that some in the Brotherhood would prefer to remain hidden.
- Updated Pre-gens: All six characters have been revisited and updated to reflect some of the experiences they would have endured as part of the original Dark Symmetry Campaign.
The Dark Legion Campaign Book is a 196 page full colour softback written by a renowned writing team of Dave Allen, Nathan Dowdell, Marc Langworthy and Clive Oldfield. It also features some spectacular art from Toma Feizo Gas, Michael Berube, Audrey Hotte and Red Scar Publishing.