Tag Archives: paizo
March 20th, 2017
Ninja Division Publishing LLC. and Paizo Inc. are proud to announce the Starfinder Miniatures collection – the first officially licensed miniatures for the epic campaigns and adventures that players, worldwide, will start experiencing with the launch of the Starfinder® RPG.
Set thousands of years in Pathfinder’s future, the Starfinder RPG is a stand-alone science fantasy game evolved from the Pathfinder RPG rules in which players take on the role of a ragtag starship crew exploring the countless mysteries of a weird galaxy. Starfinder is also designed to integrate easily with the Pathfinder RPG, allowing players of either game to port over monsters, items, and adventures with a minimal conversion effort.
Ninja Division is proud to announce a partnership with Paizo Inc. to bring fans of Starfinder an exciting range of pre-painted miniatures to accompany players on their Starfinder adventures. With painstaking detail and coloring, these pre-painted miniatures bring the heroic crews and explorers from Starfinder to life. The range of pre-painted miniatures will include both adventurers and the ships they use to traverse space, both scaled appropriately to use as gameplay pieces for their unique roles in the Starfinder game system.
Ninja Division Creative Director John Cadice comments: “Ninja Division has been working hard with Paizo to create a line of pre-painted miniatures for gamers. We are all fans of miniatures here, and lovers of Paizo’s fantastic RPG worlds. Starfinder has not disappointed in the richness of the races and designs we get to help bring to life for players.”
Paizo Inc., publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, announces today the initial product line-up for the highly anticipated Starfinder Roleplaying Game, the new science fantasy RPG set in the world of Pathfinder, ready for blast-off at Gen Con Indy August 2017.
Starfinder Creative Director James L. Sutter says: “The sculpts that Ninja Division have been creating for both characters and starships have been blowing our minds with their artistry and obvious love of the genre. I’m especially excited about the ships—I can’t wait to see the looks on my players’ faces the first time I pull out a bunch of the starship miniatures for a space battle!”
March 20th, 2017
Syrinscape, creator of the award-winning apps that bring tabletop games to life with movie-like sound, is thrilled to announce it will continue its partnership with Paizo Inc with the development of the official sounds of the forthcoming Starfinder Roleplaying Game.
Syrinscape makes this announcement, along with the debut of Syrinscape retail gift cards, from the Game Manufacturers Association trade show in Las Vegas.
Starfinder SoundSets and SoundPacks from Syrinscape will accompany Paizo’s epic new science fantasy adventure with a slew of brand new, realistic sound effects, music, environments and more. The first of these are scheduled to release in tandem with the Starfinder RPG at Gen Con Indy, August 2017.
September 29th, 2016
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game puts you in the role of a brave adventurer fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil. Will you cut your way through monster-filled ruins and cities rife with political intrigue to emerge as a famous hero laden with fabulous treasure, or will you fall victim to treacherous traps and fiendish monsters in a forgotten dungeon? Your fate is yours to decide with this giant Core Rulebook that provides everything a player needs to set out on a life of adventure and excitement!
This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 10 years of system development and an open playtest involving more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into the new millennium.
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook includes:
- All player and Game Master rules in a single volume
- Complete rules for fantastic player races like elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, and half-orcs
- Exciting new options for character classes like fighters, wizards, rogues, clerics, and more
- Streamlined and updated rules for feats and skills that increase options for your hero
- A simple combat system with easy rules for grapples, bull rushes, and other special attacks
- Spellcaster options for magic domains, familiars, bonded items, specialty schools, and more
- Hundreds of revised, new, and updated spells and magical treasures
- Quick-generation guidelines for nonplayer characters
- Expanded rules for curses, diseases, and poisons
- A completely overhauled experience system with options for slow, medium, and fast advancement
- … and much, much more!
The Pathfinder RPG Bestiary is the must-have companion volume to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 10 years of system development and an Open Playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into the new millennium.
The Pathfinder RPG Bestiary includes:
- More than 350 different monsters
- Dozens of monstrous variants to modify creatures and keep players on their toes
- Numerous lists of monsters to aid in navigation, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat
- Extensive rules for creating effective and balanced monsters
- Rules for advancing monsters by hit dice, template, or class level
- Universal monster rules to simplify special attacks, defenses, and qualities like breath weapons, damage reduction, and regeneration
- More than a dozen feats tailored especially for monsters
- Suggestions for monstrous cohorts
- Two dozen additional animal companions
- More than a dozen different wandering monster encounter tables
- … and much, much more!
August 30th, 2016
Paizo Inc. announced the development of the forthcoming Bestiary 6, a 320-page hardcover book featuring hundreds of hellish new beasties for the award-winning Pathfinder Role playing Game. Bestiary 6 is set for a March 2017 release, $44.99 MSRP.
Truly legendary heroes require truly legendary foes, and now these world-ending menaces have arrived with Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 6. Within this book, players will find hundreds of monsters to test their mettle against Archdevils and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, two-headed dragons and the Wild Hunt, conqueror worms or living statues haunted by dead gods, troops of goblins or strangely sentient oozes, and myriad other menaces suitable for all levels of play. Yet not every legend needs to tell of foes, and within these pages players will also find that new empyreal lords, dragons from Heaven, and the mythical Green Man all stand ready to aid players on their quests.
Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 6 is the latest indispensable volume of monsters for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and serves as a companion to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook and Pathfinder RPG Bestiary. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 10 years of system development and an Open Playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into a new era.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 6 includes:
- More than 200 different monsters.
- Strange new player-character-suitable races like the canine rougarou, the watery fey naiad, the crazed monkey goblin, and the Lovecraftian yaddithian, and the Darklands-dwelling munavri.
- Powerful foes from myth and legend, such as the Archdevil Mephistopheles, Charon of the River Styx, and that notorious haunter of holidays known as Krampus.
- New animal companions, constructs waiting creation by skilled spellcasters, and a new category of true dragon from the Outer Planes.
- New templates to help you get more life out of classic monsters, including the shape-changing vermin-themed entothrope and the intelligent hivemind swarm.
- Appendices to help find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat.
- Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat.
- Challenges for every adventure and every level of play.
August 9th, 2016
Pathfinder RPG Horror Adventures gives you everything you need to bring these nightmares to life. Within these pages, you’ll find secrets to take your game into the darkest reaches of fantasy, where the dead hunger for the living, alien gods brood in dreams, and madness and death lurk around every corner. Rules for players and GMs alike pit brave champions against a darkness capable of devouring mind, body, and soul. To prepare to face such torments, the heroes can take new feats, learn powerful spells, and even acquire holy relics—for they’ll need every edge possible to survive!
Pathfinder RPG Horror Adventures includes:
- Corruptions that can turn your character into a powerful monster, from a blood-drinking vampire to a savage werewolf. The only cost is your soul!
- Character options to help heroes oppose the forces of darkness, including horror-themed archetypes, feats, spells, and more!
- A detailed system to represent sanity and madness, giving you all the tools you need to drive characters to the brink and beyond.
- Tips and tools for running a genuinely scary game, along with an in-depth look at using horror’s many subgenres in a Pathfinder campaign.
- Expanded rules for curses, diseases, environments, fleshwarping, haunts, and deadly traps.
- New templates to turn monsters into truly terrifying foes, from creatures made of living wax to a stalker that can never be stopped!
- … and much, much more!
June 18th, 2016
All goblins have to start somewhere!
As whelps of the Licktoad tribe just out of their swaddling cages, the goblins Chuffy, Mogmurch, Poog, and Reta must prove themselves by undergoing a series of challenges, from tying a string to a large spider and shouting insults with hot rocks in their mouths to facing off against a goblin bully and his dimwitted minions. As a final test of their mettle, they must make a dangerous (and smelly) trek to claim a toad from the nearby swamp and present it to the terrifying presence that lurks within the Cave of Darkfear, only after which can they truly call themselves goblins!
But as the goblins return to the Licktoad village, they come across a brightly colored, jingling human carrying a map to a small farm up the river where a family of halflings are celebrating a wedding—the perfect setup for a goblin raid! Will the heroes acquit themselves in the finest goblin fashion by wreaking havoc upon the nuptials? Or will they be bitten by ferocious dogs and smashed by frying pans?
We B4 Goblins is an adventure for four goblin characters just beginning their careers of mischief and mayhem, written for the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. The adventure takes place in Brinestump Marsh and the surrounding areas of Varisia in the Pathfinder campaign setting, and serves as a prequel to We Be Goblins!, We Be Goblins Too!, and We Be Goblins Free!, Paizo’s popular 2011, 2013, and 2015 Free RPG Day adventures!
This special 16-page Pathfinder Module was created for Free RPG Day on June 18, 2016. The print edition will be available for sale and a free download will be available on paizo.com beginning July 1, 2016.
May 12th, 2016
The Mummy’s Mask base set has been released for the Pathfinder Adventures Card Game from Paizo.
On the Threshold of Discovery! The ancient lands of Osirion are blanketed by the sands of time, and eldritch secrets and vast riches lie just beneath the sun-blistered surface. As modern Osirion opens its tombs to outsiders for the first time in centuries, many of these lost treasures and secrets are now emerging—some more malign than others. Can your group of heroes brave terrible guardians, foul cults, and the burning sands of the desert to stop the rebirth of an ancient tyrant?
This complete cooperative strategy game pits 1 to 4 heroes against the monsters, curses, and traps of the Mummy’s Mask Adventure Path. Choose your character’s class, build a deck of equipment, magic, and allies; and explore dangerous locations as you journey through an exciting fantasy tale. As your adventures continue, your characters add unique gear and awesome magic to their decks as they gain incredible powers, all of which they’ll need to challenge more and more powerful threats.
The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Mummy’s Mask Base Set includes:
- More than 500 cards, featuring 7 character classes, a wide array of gear and magical treasures, and dozens of allies, monsters, and villains from the Mummy’s Mask storyline.
- “The Half-Dead City Adventure Deck,” which begins your journey through the Mummy’s Mask Adventure Path.
- A complete set of 5 polyhedral dice.
May 10th, 2016
Paizo has released the Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Intrigue companion book.
In the right setting, a single scathing word can prove deadlier than a poisoned dagger. Behind the scenes of heroic battles and magical realms lies a seething underbelly of danger and deception. This world of intrigue holds endless possibilities for adventure, as heroes duel with words instead of steel, plot daring heists, and engage in battles of wills against relentless nemeses. A high-stakes game of shadows and secrets is yours to master—if you have the wits!
Whether the heroes are taming the blood-soaked back alleys of their favorite metropolis or jockeying for the queen’s favor alongside highborn nobles, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Intrigue is an invaluable companion to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 10 years of system development and an Open Playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into a new era.
Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Intrigue includes:
- The vigilante, a new character class that lives two lives—that of an unassuming member of the community, and a cloaked crusader with his own agenda!
- New archetypes for alchemists, bards, druids, hunters, inquisitors, investigators, mesmerists, rangers, rogues, slayers, spiritualists, and more!
- New feats and magic items for characters of all sorts, granting mastery of street-smart combat, impenetrable disguises, and misdirection.
- Dozens of spells to manipulate tense social settings, whether to reveal adversaries’ secrets or hide the truth.
- A complete system of influence, providing new goals and rewards to challenge players and link their fortunes to nonplayer characters and organizations.
- Systems and advice to help Game Masters introduce a variety of new encounters into their games—daring heists, extended pursuits, and tense searches for buried secrets.
- Rules for social combat and verbal duels, allowing characters to use words as weapons to sway hearts and humiliate foes.
- … and much, much more!