Tag Archives: river horse
Sept 1, 2017
River Horse has started taking pre-orders for The Dark Crystal board game inspired by the beloved Jim Henson movie. The game will be released early in 2018.
Will Jen and Kira manage to find the Shard and heal the Dark Crystal? Find out in this fun family board game for 2 to 4 players based on the classic The Dark Crystal movie by Jim Henson.
• 4 highly collectable figurine renditions of the main characters:
2 Gelflings – Jen and Kira (with Fizzgig!).
2 Skeksis – skekSil the Chamberlain and skekUng the Garthim-Master
• Rules booklet – 24 pages.
• 2? × 2? game board – lavishly illustrated with inspiring new artwork featuring all the legendary places from the movie, including Aughra’s Observatory, the Valley of the Stones and the Crystal Castle.
• 25 World cards, 9 Mystic cards, 7 Skeksis cards and 15 Minion cards.
• Over 20 game tokens.
• 6 polyhedral dice (D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20).
• 4 character sheets and 4 Special Ability cards.
• Cardboard stand-ups and bases: 4 Garthim, 1 Slave Podlings, 1 Gourmand Skeksis and 1 Slave-Master Skeksis
• 1 Orrery turn track (top and bottom, with plastic connector).
December 28th, 2016
Coming next year, you’ll be able to add more goblins to your games of the Labyrinth board game from River Horse with their Goblins expansion.
When you open the box you will find five beautifully sculpted miniatures (pictured above, supplied models will be unpainted) and 5 cards that can be added into the deck to change the Labyrinth game. From here on in you will have two choices, either you can forge on as before using the new models to replace the standees that come with the Labyrinth game, making your Labyrinth experience more immersive but not changing any rules. Your second option is to replace some cards of the Labyrinth deck with Goblin cards giving you a chance to encounter the mischievous blighters throughout the game. A goblin on the game board cannot be traveled past unless they are defeated adding a new set of choices whenever you decide which way to go, don’t let yourself be hemmed in!
Expect to see the Goblins expansion on store shelves early next year (probably February).