Tag Archives: symbaroum
February 25th, 2017
Modiphious Entertainment are pleased to announce two new releases for the acclaimed dark fantasy Swedish RPG Symbaroum, a new source book and adventure Thistle Hold – Wrath of the Warden, and the Symbaroum Games Master screen.
Thistle Hold – Wrath of the Warden is the first book in the Chronicle of the Throne of Thorns. It begins with a section that expands on the Core Rulebook’s description of Thistle Hold, written to be read by both player’s and Game Masters. After that comes a section exclusively meant for the Game Master, chiefly containing secrets and information which may be used to create adventures set in the town at the border of Davokar. The final section of this book consists of the adventure Wrath of the Warden – an adventure that undoubtedly will provide you and your friends many entertaining and thrilling gaming hours around the table.
The Symbaroum Games Master screen is a fantastic three-panel screen for the Symbaroum roleplaying game. The front shows an atmospheric art work with a party of four adventurers stalking through the woods of Davokar, the perfect illustration for setting the mood of dark fantasy world. The reverse contains a set of handy tables and charts providing the games master with a charts and tables for some of the game’s most common mechanics, as well as shielding his plans from the inquisitive eyes of players!
November 15th, 2015
Symbaroum is available now and you are invited to join in the Role Playing adventure!
Explore the vast Forest of Davokar in the hunt for treasures, lost wisdoms and fame. Visit the eleven barbarian clans to trade or to plunder their treasuries. Establish a base of power among princes, guilds or rebellious refugees in the capital city of Yndaros. Or survive encounters with famished Arch Trolls, dark-minded Blight Beasts and undead warlords. But whatever you do, never ignore the warnings spoken by the wardens of the forest: tread carefully and do not disturb the ruins of old, for the dark deep of Davokar is about to awaken.
– A fast-paced and flexible rule-set for creating player characters and acting in the game world
– 5 playable races and 3 archetypes, divided into 15 occupations, as a basis for character creation
– 35 abilities, 25 mystical powers, 33 rituals and a large number of weapons and armors to make each character unique
– Detailed guidelines for how to create adventures; 38 monsters and adversaries, and 19 monstrous traits to arm the characters’ enemies with
– More than 50 pages describing the game world’s history, geography and cultures, focusing on four particular settings: the Forest of Davokar, the fortune hunter’s town of Thistle Hold, the Ambrian capital Yndaros and the cliff of Karvosti where the barbarian clans convene.
– Symbaroum is a complete roleplaying game; all you need to play is paper, pen and a dice set.
– The roleplaying game Symbaroum is suitable for all adventurous humans, goblins and trolls from the age of 12.