Tag Archives: warhammer 40k
Mar 30, 2018
For sixty million years the Necrons have slumbered, their tomb worlds filled with dormant armies and inactive war machines. Now they are awakening as if from half-remembered nightmares, and the galaxy shudders at their return. From vast crypt-fortresses, burnished legions emerge into the dying light of the 41st Millennium, a steel sea rippling beneath the crackling energy discharge of esoteric battle engines. Swarming metal Scarabs, talon-limbed horrors and spectral assassins accompany them, their alien minds focused on a single purpose – to reclaim the stars.
Codex: Necrons contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Necrons collectors. Within this 120-page hardback, you’ll find:
– In the Beginning: the origin of the Necrons, from the Necrontyr race of flesh and blood that existed billions of years ago, their bitter civil war, the pact with the C’tan which doomed them to immortality and the order which set them to their Great Sleep;
– The Great Awakening: the manner in which the tomb worlds are awakening into the 41st Millennium – some early, some late, others not at all – and the Necrons’ first, violent actions upon rousing;
– The Necron Dynasties: descriptions of the complex, rigid hierarchies of the Necrons, with details and icons of the following 8 dynasties: Sautekh, Charnovokh, Nephrekh, Thokt, Mephrit, Novoth, Ogdobekh, and Nihilakh;
– A galactic map featuring both active and (currently) dormant tomb worlds, crown worlds and dynastic territories;
– Domains of the Phaerons: organisation of the tomb worlds, and the manner in which the Necrons wage war;
– Dynastic Markings: illustrated examples of how Necrons use markings on their soldiers, including hieroglyphs used on war machines. Includes colour schemes and background for the following 9 dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Nephrekh, Nihilakh, Novokh, Thokt, Charnovokh, Nekthyst, and Ogbobekh;
– A New Epoch Begins: a timeline of significant events and battles in Necron history during the 41st Millennium;
– Background on each unit available to a Necrons army;
– A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Necrons army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
– 36 datasheets providing rules for using every Necrons unit in your games of Warhammer 40,000;
– Army abilities that reflect Necrons’ methods of war on the tabletop.
– Armoury of the Ancients: profiles for all weapons and wargear of the Necrons, ranged and close-combat
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– Code of War: Rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
– 5 Dynastic Codes: special rules for each of the following dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Novokh, Nihilakh, and Nephrekh;
– 27 unique Stratagems, including 5 specific to the following dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Novokh, Nihilakh, and Nephrekh;
– Powers of the C’tan: a choice of 6 powers that can be used for each C’tan Shard unit in your army, generated before battle;
– Artefacts of the Aeons: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to Necrons;
– 6 unique Warlord Traits for the Necrons, with 5 additional Warlord Traits, one specific to each of the following dynasties: Sautekh, Mephrit, Novokh, Nihilakh, and Nephrekh;
– 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Necrons.
Sept 8, 2017
Celebrate 30 years (no, really, it has been that long) of Warhammer 40,000 with this Space Marine model – a special collector’s edition of the Primaris Intercessor Veteran Sergeant, which you can add to your Intercessor Squads in games!
The Veteran Sergeant is a multi-part plastic model, featuring the same impressive levels of detail as the rest of the Primaris Space Marines – he comes armed with a bolt rifle, a holstered bolt pistol and a sword (which is supplied sheathed), and his Mk X power armour features a crux terminatus and marksman’s honour on the right shoulder. The left shoulder is blank, meaning this model can be painted to represent any Chapter you prefer. The kit features 2 variant heads, one helmeted and the other bare.
The Veteran Sergeant comes as 13 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round base and a Primaris Character transfer sheet.
The Changer of Ways, the Master of Fortune, the Great Conspirator and the Architect of Fate – these are just some of the names of Tzeentch. A brother god to Nurgle, Khorne and Slaanesh, and often an ally of the Horned Rat, he is the undisputed master of the arcane arts. His followers, daemon and mortal alike, swarm over the mortal realms in scintillating glory, searing the land with coruscating flames of change.
This pack of 25 large-format cards contains the each of the unit Warscrolls from Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch, printed on individual cards for handy reference in your battles, along with a selection of double-sided card gaming tokens – use these to indicate terrain effects, spell effects, command traits, and abilities for certain units and characters in games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
Please note, you’ll need a copy of Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch to use the contents of this set.
August 26, 2017
ForgeWorld have new 28mm Legio Custodes Aquilon Terminator Squads and Sisters of Sielence Prosecutors available for pre-order!
Within the ranks of the Legio Custodes, Aquilon Terminator Sodalities were employed rarely but as need dictated, particularly on those rare occasions where the Legio Custodes were required to operate under conditions designated as ‘Zone Mortalis’ or required to storm a breach. In such operations, the Legio was loathe to risk unwarranted loss of life, and the superior defences of the Aquilon Terminator armour was relied upon to mitigate the risk as much as possible as well as provide a platform of mobile heavy firepower.
The core of the Silent Sisterhood are its Prosecutors, mercilessly effective both in attack and defence. With this bundle you’ll be able to upgrade a 5-model Prosecutor Squad to represent a Prosecutor Cadre.
June 11, 2017
Pyrkol’s newest release Is a complete set of counters and specialist tools to help you thrive in the World of Armageddon.
All the items in the Armageddon Master Set were designed and play tested in detail for the best possible user experience.
They are perfectly scaled for tight terrain situations, color coded and engineered for the best in game performance.
In this set you can find Run, Hidden and Broken Status Counters, as well as the also useful Wound, Ammo and Clip Harness Counters. Pyrkol also added as specialized tools the 25mm, 32mm and 40mm 90° Overwatch Markers to clearly define the firing lanes and also our Ladder Stands designed for compatibility with a wide range of 28mm ladders.
March 15th, 2017
A brand new boxed game has just been announced by Games Workshop at the Gama Trade Show; Shadow War: Armageddon.
Some of the Warhammer Community team are currently at the huge trade show in Las Vegas, and are showcasing some of the exciting new releases on the way over the next few months. The first of these is Shadow War: Armageddon.
Right now we don’t have a huge amount of detail on this set (though we will, very soon), but what we do know is that it is a squad-level game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The specific setting is the hive cities of War Zone: Armageddon, and the two forces pitted against each other are Space Marines Scouts from the Blood Angels Chapter and ferocious Ork Boyz.
March 1st, 2017
Games Workshop have released their new Imperial Fists Cataphractii Terminators.
This bundle allows you to upgrade a set of Cataphractii Terminators with Storm Shields, featuring Imperial Fists Iconography.
The Cataphractii Pattern Terminators are a set of 5 detailed multi-part plastic models which includes an optional sergeant shield, bare head and a grenade harness. Alongside these, you’ll receive a set of 5 resin Imperial Fists Cataphractii Storm Shields, with arms to attach them to the Terminators.
Also included in this release are upgrade sets including Cataphractii Storm Sheilds and the Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon.
October 25th, 2016
Talisman: The Horus Heresy is a digital board game based on the Talisman rule system and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, during the cataclysmic events of the Horus Heresy. Now you can get your hands on the new Prospero expansion adding more stratagems, locations and incantations.
Up to four players will be able to take control of one or more of the galaxy’s greatest heroes or most notorious villains. Taking the side of either traitor or loyalist, these Warlords will form vast companies of Space Marines, battalions of tanks and battlefleets of Spacecraft. They are the most powerful beings in the Galaxy and their followers are legion.
On Prospero, Magnus the Red and his Legion, The Thousand Sons face the ultimate censure for their forbidden studies of warpcraft. Leman Russ and his Space Wolves are sent to punish them by any means necessary. Fighting alongside the Space Wolves are the Sisters of Silence and the Custodian Guard, elite allies sent by the Emperor himself.
As a loyalist, you can play as the primarch Leman Russ or Geigor Fell-Handed his trusted leader. As traitor, play as Magnus the Red or Ahzek Ahriman for the Thousand Sons. Both factions can also play as a powerful psyker the Legion Librarian.
October 22nd, 2016
Forgeworld has announced that this exclusive, limited edition Space Marine model will be available in stores across the world starting from this Saturday, while they last.
He’ll be available while stocks last, but since you’re going to be in there anyway, ordering your Burning of Prospero box, why not grab this guy too?