August 2nd, 2016
Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest gets a brand new update (v1.5.8) for both Apple and Google Play users.
In this update, the highly anticipated PVP Events will finally make its way to Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest. The Nodes of Power PVP event has commenced and runs for 48 hours, twice a week.
They have also added a new major feature, called Color Mastery. In a nutshell, Color Mastery is a point system, per color. Color Mastery is accumulated by mastering cards.
- You accumulate points on each card in your deck at the end of every fight.
? Only cards in your deck get points, so you’ll want to mix it up to master as many cards as possible!
- Each card requires different amounts of points to be Mastered few for Commons, lots for Mythics!
- When you Master a card, you gain points in that card’s color in your Color Mastery chart.
? Colorless cards give you small amounts of points in every color
? Dualcolor cards give you points in both colors
- When you enter an event (such as the Nodes of Power event), you will be set in a tier depending your Color Mastery, from Bronze to Gold.
? The event’s color determines which Mastery the game looks at for example, a Blue only event would only consider Blue Color Mastery.
? Events that do not have color restrictions take your entire Color Mastery into account.
- Each Tier in an event gives different rewards, and higher tiers give better rewards!