Tag Archives: conan
April 3rd, 2017
Fight with your back to the wall. Fight in taverns, jungles, and abandoned temples. Fight with an axe or a sword. And test your sinew and steel against dark demons and foul sorcery…
Then catch your breath, recover your energy, and prepare to fight once more. Four new Conan scenarios are now available as free downloads from Asmodee Games!
- Conspiracy in Khauran (pdf, 6.8 MB)
- Yogah’s Rebirth (pdf, 7.1 MB)
- Yara’s Trap (pdf, 7.1 MB)
- The Cursed Mirrors (pdf, 6.7 MB)
Even as these scenarios feature plenty of the savage, narrative-driven combats you’ve enjoyed through your Core Set adventures, they incorporate and highlight the powerful new figures from the Yogah of Yag, Crossbowmen, and Kushite Witch Huntersexpansions.
February 11th, 2017
Will you flee in panic, or will you stand and fight? The battles of the Conan board game from Asmodee are about to grow larger and more heated than ever. The Kushite Witch Hunters and Dice Pack expansions are now available!
With their extra miniatures, tiles, abilities, and dice, these expansions add more swords and more sorcery to your games of Conan. You’ll explore new tactics, bloody your foes with new abilities, and enjoy all the action and drama that Conan has to offer.
Hailing from the distant land of Kush, the Kushite Witch Hunters are a set of four unique units that offer the Overlord a wide array of new tricks and talents with which he can punish the heroes. Since each of these four units—Shubba, Shafiah, Ghayoor, and Afari—are unique, their life points may be described differently from each other, and they may vary from scenario to scenario. But no matter what life point totals these units are assigned, you’ll find them uniquely capable of slowing down the heroes.
January 16th, 2017
The Yogah of Yag hero expansion and Crossbowmen expansion for the Conan board game are now available from Asmodee!
Fans of Robert E. Howard’s Conan know that the iconic barbarian’s many adventures often move from the realm of savage swordplay into the realms of monsters, mysteries, madness, and sorcery. One of the strangest of the beasts that Conan encounters is the ancient and towering Yogah of Yag, an elephant-headed being from the distant cosmos who had personally watched “men grow from the ape and build the shining cities of Valusia, Kamelia, Commoria and their sisters.”
Howard writes that when he saw the creature, Conan “knew he was face to face with a demon of the Elder World,” yet he stayed his sword when he had the opportunity to attack. The result was that Conan ended up making a powerful ally, and it was Yogah of Yag who helped him defeat the powerful sorcerer, Yara.
Now you, too, can ally with this strange creature. Or you can bleed it with the hail of bolts fired by your crossbowmen…
November 18th, 2016
The much-lauded Conan board game by Monolith is scheduled to arrive at retailers on Wednesday, November 23rd. With its muscular combat system, lavishly illustrated game boards, and seventy-four highly detailed miniatures, Conan is a massive game, and it’s loaded with opportunities for you and your friends to embark upon authentic Hyborian adventures.
You’ll fight Stygian necromancers, Pict warriors, and giant snakes. You’ll encounter dark demons while trying to steal legendary gems. You’ll throw yourself into the middle of pirate fights. And you’ll forge your legend in a world of Hyborian swords and sorcery.
With its varied scenarios, Conan casts your games into the thick of thrilling narratives. You’re never just battling for the sake of battling; there’s always something at stake. There’s always a novel twist to compel you deeper into the action. And these narratives and twists continue to grow with the game’s expansions—like the Kushite Witch Hunters and Dice Pack—each of which adds new variety and potential to your adventures.
The Overlord gains more of both swords and sorcery with the Kushite Witch Hunters. Its four distinctive miniatures, each of which comes with its corresponding unit tile, allow you to push the heroes to their limits with powerful spells and precision strikes.
- As a powerful spell caster, the sorcerous Shubba can loose your vengeance upon the heroes with any spells you give him, and his concentration ability ensures that he’ll never find his spell casting hindered by the heroes’ interference.
- Shubba’s allies, Shafiah and Ghayoor, are skilled warriors whose attacks of two orange dice are deadlier than the heroes might expect. This is because they both have the precision strike ability which effectively allows their attacks to ignore the first point of a hero’s armor. Meanwhile, their loyalty to the sorcerer is unquestionable, as both are willing to sacrifice themselves in his defense, if such a sacrifice should ever prove necessary.
- The deadliest of the expansion’s three melee warriors, Afari pairs his solid defense and brutal attack with the ability to counterattack. Whenever he faces one of the heroes’ melee attacks, Afari can immediately retaliate by attacking with a single red die. While this attack isn’t as powerful as a swing from his wicked blade, it still benefits from Afari’s precision strike ability, and he can perform this counterattack multiple times in a turn—if the heroes are foolish enough to test themselves against his skills!
October 13th, 2016
Conan is coming from Asmodee, with all its seventy-four glorious miniatures, and you’ll soon have your chance to sate your thirsts for blood, gold, and glory.
Designed to offer as thematically accurate an entry into a realm of Hyborian adventure as possible, Conan combines a flexible and muscular combat system with a dramatic narrative framework and first-person perspective. You play as either Conan, one of his heroic friends, or as the vile Overlord, with an army of minions at your disposal.
Two lavishly illustrated double-sided boards grant you access to four different types of iconic locations—swamp village, fortress, pirate ship, and tavern—and the game’s narrative structure allows you to imagine any sort of thrilling adventure. And, soon, to all of this, you will be able to add new figures for both the heroes and Overlord.