July 21, 2019
The end of the world as you know it is coming.
Free League Publishing announced that Mutant: Elysium role playing game will be released on August 1.
When four mighty Houses struggle for supremacy in the underground enclave, oblivious to a rising power that threatens to end their reign forever, what side will you find yourself on? Mutant: Elysium is set in the universe of the award-winning Mutant: Year Zero role playing game.
When humanity falls, four powerful industrial and financial dynasties form a covenant called Elysium, after the meadows of eternal Spring from Greek mythology. Deep in the bedrock, they build the enclave named Elysium I, designed to weather the long atomic winter. Now, generations later, Elysium I is a gilded prison, a lonely outpost in a sea of quiet destruction. Fear and suspicion grow unchecked, and the four Houses fight ever more desperately over the dwindling resources that remain. In response to this rising tide of civil unrest, a force of judicators has been established to preserve law and order in the enclave.
Mutant: Elysium is the third major expansion to the award-winning Mutant: Year Zero role playing game. This game tells the origin story of the enclave humans, who see themselves as the last torchbearers of human civilization. The four Houses of Warburg, Fortescue, Morningstar and Kilgore struggle for power within Elysium I, oblivious to a rising power that threatens to end their reign forever. Mutant: Elysium can also be played as a stand-alone game. Contents:
- New rules for creating and playing enclave humans, including their web of contacts with rich and powerful allies. The book includes all the rules you need to play.
- A detailed description of Elysium I, the mother of all Elysium enclaves, including a beautiful full-color map.
- The complete campaign Guardians of the Fall, including unique game mechanics that give the players themselves control over the four Houses of the enclave.
- An overview of how the enclave humans can adapt to life in the Zone, and join the mutants, animals and robots of Mutant: Year Zero, Mutant: Genlab Alpha and Mutant: Mechatron.
Mutant: Elysium will be available at on August 1, at Gen Con 2019 in the Free League booth (#2664) and in the Free League web shop, and shortly after in hobby stores everywhere via the Impressions consolidator.
July 21, 2019
?Medieval Soap-Opera Strategy Mayhem Incoming – Crusader Kings the Board Game Set for Release on August 1.
Free League Publishing announced that Crusader Kings the Board Game will be released worldwide on August 1, 2019. The feats of arms, backstabbing, and love affairs of medieval Europe are being brought back to life at gaming tables everywhere thanks to a partnership with Paradox Interactive, with a debut next month in Indianapolis, Indiana at Gen Con 2019, with global retail to begin shortly after the convention.
In the medieval strategy soap opera of Crusader Kings the Board Game, your King or Queen will need to survive the dangers of invasions, plots, crusades, and marriage – the most important choice of all. You will find that the life of a medieval ruler is full of challenging events and if your ruler cannot survive, at least you can count on your heir – hopefully. Failure to raise a suitable successor could bring about the end of your dynasty, leaving you a mere footnote in your nation’s history.
Based on the popular computer strategy game series, Crusader Kings the Board Game moves the infamous ambition and scheming from the computer to the tabletop. Do you have what it takes to become a Crusader King? Rejoice, for you shall soon find out!
For more information on Crusader Kings the Board Game, or to inquire about retail opportunities or review copies, please contact email@example.com.
April 12, 2019
Wind dies. Pale grass grows in spirals. Lichen forms blurred iridescent sigils on cracked stone. Black trees curl their trunks and crook their branches as if bowing. The Spire is driven through the skin of the world like a pin through curling paper.
With every step toward the tower, it writhes and warps like a hallucination. It seems infinitely tall, like something in a dream. There is one silver door, marked with a pavonated eye in iridescent blue and green.
This volume collects four adventure sites for the Forbidden Lands RPG, written by some of the best writers in the field today. Within these pages you will encounter a dreaming Demon-Queen, a prison of strange beasts who call themselves a family, a coven of witches who don’t get along, and the weird graveyard of the last thunder lizard to walk this land. The Forbidden Lands are more dangerous than ever – only the most foolhardy and resilient adventurers will live to tell the tales of these adventures. This 72-page hardback book contains:
- The Spire of Quetzel by Patrick Stuart (Veins of the Earth)
- The Bright Vault by Chris McDowall (Into the Odd)
- Hexenwald by Ben Milton (Maze Rats)
- Graveyard of Thunder by Karl Stjernberg (Rad-Hack)
- Art by Alvaro Tapia.
Dec 9, 2018
Brave adventurer, Free League Publishing announced that the Forbidden Lands RPG has released worldwide on the 6th of December 2018. All rogues, raiders, treasure hunters and scoundrels may now enter the land beyond the mountains.
The Forbidden Lands RPG is a retro-fantasy game and a brand-new take on classic tabletop roleplaying.
My dear friend, have you heard that the curse is gone and that the Blood Mist has lifted? Forbidden Lands can now finally be reached. Do you dare to travel into the unknown lands with me?
Just imagine, it is an unexplored realm filled with treasures left behind… A magical journey into the unknown awaits us. Will you join me in the hunt for ancient treasures and fight whomsoever gets in our way? Let us leave this wretched reality and build a new world for ourselves on the ruins of the old. What say thee, do you want to be one of the first raiders of the Forbidden Lands?
If it will be dangerous? Of course, but what does it matter, friend? Together we laugh in the face of danger and make our mark on that cursed world. Together, we will survive long enough to tell the tale. But we must hurry, before the others take it all…
In the sandbox survival roleplaying game Forbidden Lands, you and your friends will be playing raiders and rogues bent on making your own mark on a cursed world. Discover lost tombs, fight horrifying monsters, wander the wilderness and build your own stronghold to defend.
Forbidden Lands is a legacy game, in which your actions will permanently change the game map, turning it into a living chronicle of your adventures. The unique rules for exploration, survival, base building and campaign in the game play can easily be ported to any other game world.
FORBIDDEN LANDS RPG BOXED SET CONTENTS:
- PLAYER’S MANUAL – Hardcover Player’s Manual with faux leather covers, including rules for fast character generation, visceral combat, lethal magic, dangerous journeys and for building your own stronghold – easily be ported to other game worlds.
- GAMEMASTER’S GUIDE – Hardcover Gamemaster’s Guide with faux leather covers, including a rich and detailed description of the Forbidden Lands setting, a large illustrated Bestiary, extensive random encounters, and three complete adventure sites.
- LEGENDS & ADVENTURERS BOOKLET – The Legends & Adventurers booklet, that lets you flesh out your characters and give them unique backgrounds.
- MAP – A large full-color map, that gives you the freedom to explore the Forbidden Lands any way you want, hex by hex.
- STICKERS – A sheet with stickers for adventure sites and gravestones, transforming the game map to a living, permanent record of your adventures.
May 28, 2018
Brace yourself, the backstabbing and intrigue of medieval Europe is being brought to life in the real world. Sort of. This morning at PDXCON, Free League Publishing and Paradox Interactive announced a kickstarter to bring the best-selling and award-winning game Crusader Kings to life as a tabletop board game.
Crusader Kings The Boardgame will capture the strategy of the game and wreak havoc in homes all over the world as it is moved from the computer onwards to the tabletop. Let the people rejoice*!
The boardgame is created by Free League Publishing, the development team behind the award-winning tabletop RPGs Tales from the Loop, Coriolis – The Third Horizon and Mutant: Year Zero.
In this medieval strategy soap opera, your King or Queen will need to survive invasions, plots, crusades, and even marriage. Or at least have children, siblings or spouses standing by to take over the throne. Failure to raise a suitable heir could face you with the end of your dynasty. Oh dear!
As a ruler, you need to be shrewd in the realm of diplomacy and intrigue and make and break alliances with others. Grow your wealth and military power, build and develop your dominion, while at the same time fulfill your duty to partake in the crusades to the Holy Land. All the while experiencing events of the strange and dangerous life of a medieval ruler. While at the same time matchmaking your family tree in order to groom your dynasty’s traits over the generations.
Crusader Kings The Board Game on Kickstarter offers a banquet of information for all you Kings and Queens that seeks to gain wisdom about the gameplay and the core game mechanics
February 15th, 2017
Modiphious Entertainment and Free League Publishing are pleased to announce the new sci-fi RPG line, Coriolis – The Third Horizon including: Coriolis core book, Atlas Compendium, Icon Deck, Gamesmaster screen and map – plus a special Coriolis ICONs bundle for Coriolis collectors.
Coriolis – The Third Horizon is a brand new science fiction role-playing game from the makers of the critically acclaimed Mutant: Year Zero (six-time nominee and winner of a Silver Ennie for Best Rules 2015).
Uncover the mysteries of the Third Horizon, a rich tapestry of cultures that have settled the stars.
- Core rulebook: This massive and beautifully illustrated 384-page hardcover book gives you all the rules you need to play Coriolis, and an in-depth description of the Third Horizon.
- Atlas Compendium: This 60-page booklet reveals secrets of the Third Horizon and gives the Gamemaster tools and tables to create star systems, planets, missions and encounters.
- Icon Card Deck: With this deck, you can foretell the future, create scenario seeds, determine combat initiative, emulate dice rolls, manage your ship crew positions, and more.
- GM Screen: This deluxe Gamemaster Screen for Coriolis – The Third Horizon is made out of three sections of 3 mm thick hardback, measuring a mighty 855 x 216 mm when unfolded.
- Map: A large full-color map of The Third Horizon on the front and the Coriolis station on the back, in the format 39.5cm x 55.8 cm.