Tag Archives: miniatures
Feb 4, 2019
Games Workshop has released a new expansion for Kill Team, Killzone: Sector Fronteris Environment, a terrain and rules set for your WH40K Kill Team games.
At the farthest reaches of space, the boundaries of the Imperium change almost daily as new worlds are discovered and settled and others fall to predations of aliens or rogue factions seeking freedom from of the crushing yoke of Imperial oppression. Open hostility is a common occurrence on such lawless worlds, yet with fewer resources to call upon, many such conflicts are resolved as guerrilla or shadow wars.
The Sector Fronteris Killzone Environment is an expansion for Kill Team – in the packed box, you’ll find a gameboard, scenery, and exclusive rules that use the unique nature of the Sector Fronteris terrain to introduce dangerous new missions and powerful effects to your games. Included:
– A double-sided Kill Team gameboard measuring 22” x 30”, printed on heavy, durable card stock. One side depicts a sand-blasted wilderness, while the other represents a more industrialised border region
– An 8-page booklet describing the sorts of wild frontier worlds that loosely make up the borders of Imperial territory, and where the influence of Terra is seldom felt.
– 12 Sector Fronteris Tactics cards – these can be used by any Kill Team Faction, with 4 cards providing interactions with the Sector Fronteris scenery and 5 being used specifically by Scout, Comms, Sniper or Medic Specialists
– A Sector Fronteris Environment card, which provides 6 different rules that interact with the scenery
– 4 Sector Fronteris Mission cards – designed to be used in conjunction with the gameboard and scenery, this is a set of 2 matched play missions and 2 narrative play missions, which are split between attacker and defender
– 4 Ryza-pattern Ruins plastic frames – including two brand sets of frames that include 2 slot-together walls, raised barricade, 3 armoured window covers, 1 large section of flooring, 3 small sections of ruined floor, and one connector that resembles a light. If you combine these 2 new frames, you can build a complete STC Ryza-Pattern building with a roof. There are also 2 plastic frames of STC Ryza-Pattern Ruins, each containing 3 slot-together walls, 3 ruined wall sections, and an Inquisitorial crate.
Jan 28, 2019
The celebration of BattleTech’s 35th Anniversary begins at Catalyst Game Labs!
All-new products now available to thank longtime fans and to set the stage for the future. Links below!
- The BattleTech Beginner Box is now available in the Catalyst Game Labs store and through your local retailer.
- The BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat boxed set is now available in the Catalyst Game Labs store and through your local retailer.
- The BattleTech sourcebook Shattered Fortress is now available through your local game store as well as the Catalyst Game Labs store! (print // PDF // both)
- The PDF version of the new printing of the BattleMech Manual is now available in the Catalyst Game Labs store. The print version is at the printers now and will be out a bit later this year. This new printing includes an all-new cover bearing the 35th anniversary logo, and includes all errata from the previous printing.
- Apparel bearing the BattleTech 35th Anniversary logo is now available for order, including a t-shirt and hoodie. The previously announced pin will be available at a later time.
- The re-released anniversary editions of the Warrior Trilogy novels are now available on PDF and Print on Demand. Buy your copies of Warrior: En Garde (electronic / PoD), Warrior: Riposte (electronic / PoD), and Warrior: Coupe (electronic / PoD) now!
Jan 26, 2019
For the Galactic Empire, conquering a planet is only the beginning of the battle. Massive vehicles like AT-STs and elite shock troops like Imperial Death Troopers may be effective at sweeping across battlefields and capturing new territory, but they rarely stick around to hold this ground. Soon, however, you’ll gain a powerful tool that can help quell any opposition that might rise against Imperial occupation.
Fantasy Flight Games is happy to announce the TX-225 GAVw Occupier Combat Assault Tank Unit Expansion for Star Wars™: Legion!
Few symbols of Imperial occupation are more readily apparent than a TX-225 GAVw Occupier Combat Assault Tank. Heavily armed and capable of carrying either cargo or personnel, one of these tanks can be a versatile asset to stormtrooper detachments on occupation duty. With the TX-225 GAVw Occupier Combat Assault Tank Unit Expansion, you’ll find a single finely sculpted, menacing TX-225 miniature that can work in tandem with your ground troops to impose the Empire’s will wherever it’s been assigned. This beautiful miniature is accompanied by the full assortment of unit cards, upgrade cards, and tokens that you’ll need to add one to your armies.
Jan 10, 2019
New scenery available for wargames tables from Deep Cut Studios – stripes of roads and rivers!
That’s 6 feet of continuous terrain for your table, ready to go out of the box, printed on mousepad (neoprene) material, easy to cut and make any junctions, turns and layout you can imagine.
They have a Dirt Road, Cobblestone Road and River stripe available.
Dimensions: 9 cm in width, 183 cm (6 feet) in length
– The paint are soaked into the material and will never scratch or fade off
– Non slippery backing to keep the tiles on the table
– Instant tile flatness and smooth surface
– Easy to cut with snap-off blade or scissors to make any layout, turns and junctions
Jan 5, 2019
The WWII deeds of the US Airborne divisions such as the 101st ‘Screaming Eagles’ and the 82nd ‘All American’ have become legendary. From their role in the ill-fated Operation Market Garden to the crossing of the River Rhine and the push into the German homeland these battle-hardened fighting men have been immortalized in film and television.
Now, Warlord Games has a new 28mm scale US WW2 Airborne Starter Set available for your Bolt Action Miniatures games.
This great value boxed set gives you all you need to start playing with the elite forces of the US Airborne. Equipped in the M-43 paratrooper uniforms, introduced in 1944 they are perfect for actions during Operation Market Garden, the liberation of mainland Europe, crossing the Rhine or the final push into Germany itself!
Whether you plan to field them as the 101st ‘Screaming Eagles’ , 82nd ‘All American’, 17th ‘Thunder from Heaven’ or 13th ‘Golden Unicorns’ Airborne Divisions this starter force is built around a strong core of battle-hardened paratroopers and vital support teams the US Airborne are a match for all but the most heavily equipped opponents.
US Airborne Starter Army contains:
- 36x US Airborne infantry (plastic)
- 4x US Airborne HQ figures (metal)
- 1x US Airborne .50 Cal HMG team (metal)
- 1x US Airborne medium mortar team (metal)
- 1x US Airborne 57mm anti-tank gun (metal)
- Assembly instructions
- Full-colour decal sheets
- Plastic bases
Dec 28, 2018
In the ongoing struggles of the Galactic Civil War, the Rebel Alliance has one distinct advantage over the Empire. While the ranks of the Imperial military are almost exclusively filled with humans, beings from countless worlds across the Star Wars galaxy have flocked to the Rebellion to commit themselves to the cause of freedom. Each new species that joins the Rebel ranks can contribute to a mission in its own unique way, giving the Rebels options beyond rank-and-file troopers.
Nowhere is this more evident than the Wookiee Warriors of Kashyyyk. Typically a peaceful species, these imposing warriors possess a volatile temperament that makes them absolutely terrifying when provoked. Soon you’ll be able to direct your Wookiees’ fury at your Imperial foes on the battlefields of Star Wars™: Legion with the Wookiee Warriors Unit Expansion.
In this expansion, you’ll find four unpainted, easily assembled Wookiee Warrior miniatures eager to test their tenacity and resolve on the battlefield. Already fearsome on their own, five upgrade cards give you the chance to further enhance their abilities. Finally, a unit card and a handful of tokens let you fully incorporate a unit of Wookiee Warriors into your armies. Join us today as we take a look at everything a group of Wookiee Warriors adds to your Rebel army!
Dec 20, 2018
In Battlestar Galactica – Starship Battles from Ares Games, players take control of Colonial and Cylon spaceships and face each other in furious dogfights and daring missions, piloting beautiful pre-assembled and pre-painted miniatures, faithfully representing the spaceships from both the Re-imagined and Classic versions of the shows. The game uses a unique game system, inspired by its “glorious” predecessors – Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory, but at the same time introducing many new features, to represent the cinematic, yet realistic space battles of the show
This Battlestar Galactica — Starship Battles Starter Set is a complete game, featuring four ready–to–play miniatures – two Colonial Vipers Mk. II (including Apollo’s Viper and his pilot card) and two Cylon Raiders, along with their special control panels, playing bases and maneuver decks. Also included are combat rulers, spaceship cards, pilot cards, talent and flaw cards, asteroid and planetoid templates, and everything else needed to start to play.
Players will be able to add more spaceships to their games with additional Starter Sets or Spaceship Packs. The first Spaceship Packs, featuring different versions of Vipers and Raiders, and a set of additional control panels are due to release on February 2019, and more will follow along next year. More information about what is coming in the game line will be unveiled soon.