February 14th, 2016
Guess who’s coming to save the world again? Cryptozoic Entertainment, leading creator of board games and collectible cards, and Sony Pictures Consumer Products are proud to announce the upcoming April launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Ghostbusters: The Board Game II!
Following on the heels of last year’s successful Kickstarter campaign and retail release of Ghostbusters: The Board Game, the second game in the series ups the ante with lots of new game elements, including Slime Blower Pack Ghostbusters, Ooze entities that can split apart and join back together, allies, new equipment like Ecto Goggles and Portal Destabilizers, and much more!
The game features an original story by Ghostbusters comics writer Erik Burnham that has the Ghostbusters investigating mood slime that has flooded the city, creating earthquakes and riots in another attempt to bring Vigo and his minions back. In line with the story, the map tiles in the game depict buildings destroyed by earthquakes and fires, as well as collapsed streets that expose sewers infested with slime, tunnels with derailed subway cars, and ghost trains. The impressive new figures are based on designs by Ghostbusters comic book artist Dan Schoening.
The Ghostbusters are back for more! Keep an eye out for the April launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Ghostbusters: The Board Game II!
January 17th, 2015
HR Games and Funbox Media announced that they have inked a PAL/European publishing and distribution agreement for the boxed and digital version of Games Workshop’s SPACE HULK: Ascension for the PS4 in 2016.
Features for Space Hulk: Ascension include:
• Huge amounts of content – 103 unique missions spread out across 3 campaign chapters
• New enemies – new Genestealer variations for you to face in the depths of the Space Hulk.
• New mechanics – a complete reworking of the board game rules and mechanics. It’s still the Space Hulk game you love, re-imagined for a new experience.
• Customisation – RPG-style skill progression and player squad management allow you to create your own tailor-made team of hardened veterans.
• New weapons, more complex maps, combi-weapons and flash missions.
• 10 times the amount of content of the original game, with 50 – 100 hours of game time.
SPACE HULK: Ascension is a 3D, digital, turn based, strategy game, which builds upon the classic board game experience, and adds new RPG style mechanics, additional weapons, enemy types, an all-new chapter and loads of other new features. Set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of ancient vessels lost in the graveyard of space, players lead a small force of fearless Space Marine Terminators in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory, alien Genestealers.