Tag Archives: terrain
Feb 21, 2019
The Imperial All Terrain Scout Transport is a formidable war machine, cutting through Rebel lines as it stomps across the battlefields of the Galactic Civil War. Despite their appearance, however, these intimidating assault vehicles aren’t invincible. Soon you’ll find out what happens when one of these towering terrors comes crashing down. Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce the Downed AT-ST Battlefield Expansion for Star Wars: Legion!
Rather than marching forward and raining mortar shells on the hapless Rebels in its path, the wrecked AT-ST you’ll find in this expansion joins the fabric of the battlefield itself, providing valuable cover for your troops no matter what planet they’re fighting on. In addition to deepening your immersion in the Star Wars galaxy, the six new battle cards in this expansion also invite you to make your crashed AT-ST a focal point of the struggle between the Empire and the Rebellion, adding even more variety to your games of Star Wars: Legion.
A downed AT-ST is certain to draw the attention of both Rebel and Imperial troops, of course, and while this miniature can enhance any battlefield you find yourself on, it can also play a larger role as a crucial objective in a totally new type of conflict. The Downed AT-ST Battlefield Expansion contains six new battle cards that dramatize a two-act struggle over a wrecked AT-ST, outlining the objectives, deployments, and conditions of a brand-new, two-part scenario.
Even without the use of its powerful MS-4 Twin Blaster Cannons and other heavy weapons, an AT-ST can still play a pivotal role in the confrontations between the Empire and the Rebellion—especially if it’s a part of the battlefield itself.
Look for the Downed AT-ST Battlefield Expansion (SWL30) to be released in the second quarter of 2019
Feb 4, 2019
Games Workshop has released a new expansion for Kill Team, Killzone: Sector Fronteris Environment, a terrain and rules set for your WH40K Kill Team games.
At the farthest reaches of space, the boundaries of the Imperium change almost daily as new worlds are discovered and settled and others fall to predations of aliens or rogue factions seeking freedom from of the crushing yoke of Imperial oppression. Open hostility is a common occurrence on such lawless worlds, yet with fewer resources to call upon, many such conflicts are resolved as guerrilla or shadow wars.
The Sector Fronteris Killzone Environment is an expansion for Kill Team – in the packed box, you’ll find a gameboard, scenery, and exclusive rules that use the unique nature of the Sector Fronteris terrain to introduce dangerous new missions and powerful effects to your games. Included:
– A double-sided Kill Team gameboard measuring 22” x 30”, printed on heavy, durable card stock. One side depicts a sand-blasted wilderness, while the other represents a more industrialised border region
– An 8-page booklet describing the sorts of wild frontier worlds that loosely make up the borders of Imperial territory, and where the influence of Terra is seldom felt.
– 12 Sector Fronteris Tactics cards – these can be used by any Kill Team Faction, with 4 cards providing interactions with the Sector Fronteris scenery and 5 being used specifically by Scout, Comms, Sniper or Medic Specialists
– A Sector Fronteris Environment card, which provides 6 different rules that interact with the scenery
– 4 Sector Fronteris Mission cards – designed to be used in conjunction with the gameboard and scenery, this is a set of 2 matched play missions and 2 narrative play missions, which are split between attacker and defender
– 4 Ryza-pattern Ruins plastic frames – including two brand sets of frames that include 2 slot-together walls, raised barricade, 3 armoured window covers, 1 large section of flooring, 3 small sections of ruined floor, and one connector that resembles a light. If you combine these 2 new frames, you can build a complete STC Ryza-Pattern building with a roof. There are also 2 plastic frames of STC Ryza-Pattern Ruins, each containing 3 slot-together walls, 3 ruined wall sections, and an Inquisitorial crate.
Jan 10, 2019
New scenery available for wargames tables from Deep Cut Studios – stripes of roads and rivers!
That’s 6 feet of continuous terrain for your table, ready to go out of the box, printed on mousepad (neoprene) material, easy to cut and make any junctions, turns and layout you can imagine.
They have a Dirt Road, Cobblestone Road and River stripe available.
Dimensions: 9 cm in width, 183 cm (6 feet) in length
– The paint are soaked into the material and will never scratch or fade off
– Non slippery backing to keep the tiles on the table
– Instant tile flatness and smooth surface
– Easy to cut with snap-off blade or scissors to make any layout, turns and junctions
Dec 27, 2018
For all the players that need a wargaming tabletop to set spectacular and dramatic WW2 air conflicts, Pwork Wargames presents the new great game mat design Sky of War.
Prepare your air fighter squadrons to fierce aerial combats on the new gaming mat Sky of War by Pwork Wargames: take your planes off and lead them in the skies above the Channel, revive the glorious airfights of the Second World War! Clouds and shadows make this game mat extremely realistic and perfectly compatible with wargames like Blood Red Skies and Wings of Glory.
Like all the other products of the Battle Mats range of Pwork, this awesome new release is resistant, practical and easy to store: the best solutions to turn your tabletop into a real battlefield. Its high-detailed graphic grants a wonderful and great-looking setting for your favourite wargames.
Nov 23, 2018
This small church, named after a famous saint, has been used for worship by generations of villagers. The graveyard is full of their ancestors, with the more noble members of the community buried in the crypt. The living fill the pews, worshipping in the simple but pleasant church.
Storeys: The Church of St Pixtus the Martyr is a printable battlemap compatible with any RPG/Dungeon-Crawl game. Use as a standalone game board, or combine with any same-scale tile set.
Contents: A set of 20 x 30 maps depicting a traditional NW European church. The nave of the church has a pulpit, pews and font, with the chancel and apse housing a small altar. An additional nave has been built to the side, and this is home to a small chapel. A bell tower is accessed by stairs, and a ladder leads to the roof of the tower. A set of stairs lead below the church to the crypt
Oct 11, 2018
The Big Book of Battle Mats is the award-winning set of fantasy mats to keep your party rolling through any and every random encounter.
58 wipe clean maps will lead you through dungeons, along winding marsh tracks, past suspicious looking lairs and even into throne rooms on your quest for danger, excitement and treasure. And very possibly a little bit of a fight. Designed to spark the imagination, as well as illustrate encounters using the handy grid format, the Big Book of Battle Mats offers endless flexibility. You can play each map page individually or use the lay flat format to play across the complimentary opposing pages as one larger version.
The Big Book of Battle Mats Features
- 58 Wipe Clean pages of Battle Mats for RPG encounters
- Wipe clean format – The Big Book is fully laminated
- Wire Bound lay flat format
- Linked designs on opposing pages so option to play on A3 map
- Fantasy Themed
- 1 inch grid throughout
Winner of the People’s Choice Award for Best Accessory at the UK Games Expo The Big Book is now available from all good retailers!
Oct 3, 2018
Heroic Maps releases Storeys: Down The Well.
Drybon Well is a well-known landmark. Sitting atop a small hillock, it has provided the nearby villages with fresh water for as long as anyone can remember. If only they knew what was really down there…
- A multiple level map consisting of a 5 battlemaps, each depicting a different level beneath a well, linked by the well shaft that connects them vertically.
- Surface- a 20×20 map depicting a small well on a hill in a peaceful countryside setting.
- Caverns – a 10×10 map showing a fungus cavern beneath the surface
- The Halls – a 10×15 map of a grand hall, the walls lined with statues of death
- The Crypt – A 10×15 map of a small tomb complex
- The Lower Levels – a 20×20 map depicting the pool of water the well draws from, sitting in the middle of an ancient ruined catacomb,